Intro
My name is William Alexander-Goldsmith, but that is entirely too long. Please call me Bill!
A little bit about me-
Professional Information:
I have taught English at Westfield High School in Chantilly for the last 19 years. I have taught every course in the department except for Yearbook and A.P. Lang.
I earned a B.A. in English and Political Science from the University of Tennessee.
I obtained my teacher certification through a George Washington University/FCPS partnership called the Fairfax Transition to Teaching.
I am currently enrolled in the BOLS M.Ed. program at George Mason University.
Personal Information:
I have been married for 24 years, and my wife is a social worker with LCPS.
I have a son who is a senior at Christopher Newport University and a son who is a freshman at the University of Lynchburg.
I LOVE DOGS! I have a big, beautiful Lab and a big, beautiful German Shepherd, and they are pretty much the best dogs on the whole planet!
I enjoy music, cooking, hiking, and just the occasional glass of wine or two.

I grew up in Oak Ridge, TN, which is just outside of Knoxville, TN. Not a lot of people know the town, or it’s nickname- The Secret City. Here is a brief video about how the town came to be.

This is EXACTLY what I look like now.
I look forward to getting to meet lots of new people this semester!
Professional Information:
I have taught English at Westfield High School in Chantilly for the last 19 years. I have taught every course in the department except for Yearbook and A.P. Lang.
I earned a B.A. in English and Political Science from the University of Tennessee.
I obtained my teacher certification through a George Washington University/FCPS partnership called the Fairfax Transition to Teaching.
I am currently enrolled in the BOLS M.Ed. program at George Mason University.
Personal Information:
I have been married for 24 years, and my wife is a social worker with LCPS.
I have a son who is a senior at Christopher Newport University and a son who is a freshman at the University of Lynchburg.
I LOVE DOGS! I have a big, beautiful Lab and a big, beautiful German Shepherd, and they are pretty much the best dogs on the whole planet!
I enjoy music, cooking, hiking, and just the occasional glass of wine or two.
I grew up in Oak Ridge, TN, which is just outside of Knoxville, TN. Not a lot of people know the town, or it’s nickname- The Secret City. Here is a brief video about how the town came to be.
This is EXACTLY what I look like now.
I look forward to getting to meet lots of new people this semester!
I have missed your humor and am so happy to be working with you again! Having had the opportunity to work with you in-person, I can truly say your personality really comes through in your online writing and the multimedia you selected to enhance your story. Thank you for sharing the Oak Ridge video. Since moving to VA in 1992, I have only met two people who completely understand the role of a health physicist, our Associate Dean, Dr. Ellen Rodgers (she worked with the NRC in a previous job) and you :) Congratulations on the progress your sons have made in college ---and you as well in this graduate program!
ReplyDeleteYour blog format could use some revision. It is likely that you pasted the text in from another platform and therefore, some extra code came along. You can simply paste your text in a Notepad or Wordpad and then copy and paste into the blogger post. Alternatively, I found this suggestion: https://support.google.com/blogger/thread/3917480?hl=en
I just realized after reading Austin's blog last week (he didn't share the name of his cat), that you did not share the names of your dogs! Do we get to know that information?
Delete